Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
The 入场 Committee adheres to a holistic approach in their review of admission applications, carefully weighing both quantitative and qualitative measures of success and student potential. Each applicant's academic performance, their record of personal accomplishments, and the extent of their involvement and contribution to her or his community is taken into consideration during our comprehensive review and selection process.
There are a few remaining cohorts who require testing
- All non-native English speakers must submit SAT or ACT.
- 学生们 who have attended an English-language high school for three years or are enrolled in an IB diploma program will have this requirement waived.
- We highly encourage students to provide additional information demonstrating their English ability by submitting a score from TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo English Test or an InitialView or Vericant interview.
- 学生们 attending secondary schools offering written evaluations without accompanying grades
- 学生们 must submit standardized (ACT/SAT) test scores to the NCAA Eligibility Center for NCAA initial-eligibility purposes. However, prospective student-athletes may choose to apply for admission as test-optional applicants. Colorado College will require verification of such scores prior to releasing an offer of admission.
Applicants will be prompted to select a testing policy on the main application (常见的应用, questbridge应用, 联盟申请) or its supplement. The prompt will be:
Do you want your standardized test scores considered in the admission selection process?
- Yes, I want my standardized test scores considered for admission
- No, I do not want my standardized test scores considered for admission
If the applicant indicates that they “do not want” scores considered, the relevant sections of the application (test score dashboard, testing materials) will not be visible to application reviewers.
The 入场 Committee will continue to allow students to self-report standardized testing on the main application (常见的应用, questbridge应用, 联盟申请). The office requires official versions be submitted (via testing agency or secondary school) upon commitment to enroll.
The 入场 Committee will closely consider applicants’ academic preparation (grades, course selection, course rigor, counselor evaluation, teacher recommendations) as well as the personal statement, supplement responses, and school/community involvement.
There will not be a negative impact on the application evaluation due to the selection of the test-optional policy. 学生们 who opt not to submit testing at time of application, the admission committee will not make any assumptions on that choice, and students will be given equal consideration in our holistic evaluation approach.
Many students believe their test scores accurately and positively reflect their academic abilities and give a more comprehensive view of achievement and potential. We will continue to evaluate all applicants, including those who choose to submit their test scores, in a holistic manner. We do not use an arbitrary cutoff point for admission consideration, and test scores are not the ultimate deciding factor in our process. They do, however, continue to be valued as a standardized measure which can provide helpful information to the 入场 Committee.
All applicants will be considered for merit scholarships regardless of testing policy. Approximately five percent of our admitted students are awarded merit scholarships. These are released at the same time as the admission offer.
The college's previous policy of allowing alternate exam results to be considered in the application selection process will be removed.
We will review the best super-scored SAT or best ACT Composite if the applicant has opted into test score consideration
Latest date to have scores considered
Early Decision II: December exam
Regular Decision: December exam