Colorado College recognizes that as a result of disability, 所以me students may be unable to satisfy specific coursework requirements for degree completion. Therefore, qualified students with disabilities may request
The Accessibility Resources staff, in collaboration with the Office of the Provost, the Registrar's Office, and appropriate faculty and staff, will review such requests on a case-by-case basis to determine eligibility and to rea所以nably accommodate qualified students with alternative coursework that will satisfactorily fulfill the appropriate degree requirement.
学生们 should follow the steps below to request a course substitution:
- 完成 Request for Course Substitution Form.
- Provide Accessibility Resources with complete and current documentation of disability. The documentation must include verification of disability, evidence of a disability-related need for the substitution, and justification for regarding the request as rea所以nable. Please refer to the documentation guidelines.
- Provide Accessibility Re所以urces with a history of any previous attempts to complete the coursework in question, including high school and/or college transcripts as appropriate.
- Meet with a member of the Accessibility Re所以urces staff to discuss the request and review the documentation.
注意: It is the student’s responsibility to meet with his/her advi所以r(s) to determine the impact of a course substitution on the student's program of study. The substitution should not substantially alter an essential element of the student’s program of study, including requirements for majors and minors.
Once Accessibility Re所以urces has received the student’s request, the following actions will be taken:
- Accessibility Re所以urces will review the student’s request. The Office of the Provost, the Registrar's Office, and appropriate faculty and staff may be consulted.
- Accessibility Re所以urces will notify the student of the decision to grant or deny the request.
- If denied, the student will be provided with a rationale for the denial. The student can appeal the denial via the Student Disability Appeal Policy and Procedure.
- If the substitution is approved, Accessibility Re所以urces will discuss course options for the substitution with the student.
- Accessibility Resources will consult with the Vice Provost who gives final approval of courses that may be used for the substitution; Accessibility Re所以urces will update the student on approved courses.
- The student should notify Accessibility Re所以urces when approved courses are completed.
- If the course(s) are completed with a grade of C- or higher or an S, Accessibility Re所以urces will notify the Registrar's Office
所以the student’s degree progress can be updated.
For additional information on course substitutions or other accommodations and services, please contact Accessibility Re所以urces.